Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Garden Update - Sunday 8/8/10

Been awhile again (suprised?) since last garden update.

We have beans to eat, and cherry tomatoes, a couple green peppers with bunch more that should come at once.




Nyssa snippin beans

Potato box

Potato plants got so big, but not sure how many potatoes I will really get. My sisters has early potatoes only down at the very base of the plant. So this might require some more knowledge for next year. Although we thought we had read basically what to do and heard the same from a church friend. Time will tell.



Dill

Our Dill has gotten nice and large with big flower heads, now that we have no more pickles to make. . . 



Bush Cucumbers

. . .yes no more pickles since our plant is now pffftt! Although we got I believe 24 jars canned this year, not bad.



Cherry Tomato Plant

Cherry Tomatoes


Jalepenos

JalapeƱos 

Our Serrano peppers however got too late of a start from seed to produce anything this year  (the plants are only 6 inches or so)

Then yesterday we found a little surprise (not the good kind) in our garden. . .






 Tomato Hornworm



Tomato Hornworm

Creepster! Those little decoy eyes are so amazing/creeps me out at the same time. Funny thing is we found this guy (girl?) yesterday, and today when I stopped at my sisters after work we found on on her tomatillos. Before I even had a chance to tell her about ours. Crazy. . .and gross.


That's all for now!



4 comments:

  1. Your garden is MIGHTY impressive cuz!! You guys will have to come to my house and help me with mine next year bc it was a flop this year...mainly bc stupid animals dug my plants up by the roots tho!! Ughghghg!!! Really tho, great garden! I'm SUPER jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bring you some creepy tomato worms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best fix for the worm problem is to build and maintain an ongoing fire that surrounds your garden.

    Be sure to exclusively use treated/painted wood for your fire.

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails